Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Paper Scrap Pinwheels

Pin It



 
I decided to use up some pretty paper scraps I have and make some cheerful pinwheels. This takes under 10 minutes and they are very cute. I had the best luck with maps, origami paper, wallpaper scraps and gift wrap. That decorative paper that comes in books at craft stores is actually a little heavy for this and doesn't bend up very nicely. Also the back is usually blank.
  • Step 1 - Cut out some paper scraps into squares. Mine ranged from 4 inches to 5 inches.
  • Step 2- Use a ruler to draw diagonal lines connecting the opposite corners.
  •  Step 3- Cut along the four lines nearly to the center.
  •  Step 5- Fold up four of the corners and glue them into the center, overlapping.
  • Step 6 - Poke a hole through the center (I used an awl) and push a brass fastener through the pieces, holding them in place. Then poke the brass fastener into a straw or a stick. I used a straw with a stick inside it to make it stronger. I poked a hole through the straw and stick with the awl before inserting the brass fastener.
  •  Step 7 - Enjoy!









Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment